The Army of the Blazing Banners, almost exclusively simply called the Blazing Banners or by the Tway name Aramgalur ("bloody surcottes"), was the army of Armyn, King of the Isles during the Sunnish War. It consisted of the armies of the House of Maigher, its sworn vassals, and their allies, compiled for their conquest of the Summerly Isle. The number excluded, of course, those vassals and allies of the Maighers who did not send any soldiers to go to war with them.
In addition to the main army, there was also a fleet of the sworn sails of the Maigher's retainers, as well as myriad pirate, Beggard, and mercenary crews.
Blazing Banners Army
- Armyn Maigher, mink king-claimant.
- Rafnar Qelt, stranger knight.
- Laithness, otter knight commander.
- Ruvick Greymaille, mink knight.
- Donagal Misgor, stoatess knight.
- Foyle, mink page of Greymaille. Rather enthusiastic and tended to enjoy his duties.
- Hefrin, mink page of Donagal. Daughter of a merchant, sister of Tefril and Epvrit.
- Ginnian, weazelle captain. Deeply loyal, and known for her savage cruelty.
- Worthy, weazel captain.
- Toothy, weazel soldier, later captain.
- Pinchwick, stoate sailor, spy of Rafnar.
- Harker, weazel soldier of the Qelts. Had good eyesight, and was often used as a lookout.
- Dridd, ferret soldier.
- Weltch, ferret soldier.
- Allron, stoatess soldier. Grouchy and older than most, with a blind left eye, no left ear and half a tail. Often complained of back pain, and still a surprisingly adept fighter. A friend of Ottrick and Willuf.
- Ottrick, sea otter soldier. Nostalgic, and a friend of Allron and Willuf.
- Willuf, rattess soldier. Older than most, with half a tail and a missing right middle finger. Often complained of pains, and fancied herself wise, though was actually rather clever.A friend of Allron and Ottrick.
- Browen Blood, knight.
- Bernadet Blood, knight.
- Kinsel Blood, knight.
- Tefril, mink page of Bernadet. Daughter of a merchant named Clyle, sister to Hefrin and Epvrit.
- Spilky, mink soldier.
- Cedris Pike, mink lord.
- Ganset, mink knight.
- Groenlaw, mink knight.
- Epvrit, mink page of Ganset. Daughter of a merchant, sister to Hefrin and Tefril. Called Halfsneer after sustaining a face wound.
- Sivella, mink sergeant. Rather handsome, and skilled with stilettos and other knives. Hired after joining Cawn in aiding the initial wave of invading Blazing Banners forces.
- Turner, weazel corporal. A ruffian and cowardly bully. Hired after joining Cawn in aiding the initial wave of invading Blazing Banners forces.
- Cordigan, ferret corporal. Thin, and wore a cloth eyepatch over his missing left eye. Hired after joining Cawn in aiding the initial wave of invading Blazing Banners forces.
- Faulk, stoate corporal. Small and feisty. Hired joining Cawn in aiding the initial wave of invading Blazing Banners forces.
- Rand, mink soldier. Tall and strong.
- Flink, rattess soldier. Had a rather high opinion of herself, and was no stranger to grudges and schemes.
- Pincher, ratte soldier. A natural thief, and not overly bright. Hired after joining Cawn in aiding the initial wave of invading Blazing Banners forces.
- Trynntas Pyre, knight.
- Fynntas Pyre
- Tormeus Pyre, squire of Trynntas.
- Cedar, weazel captain. He was known to be stalwart.
- Gilwen, mink soldier. Strong and quick-thinking.
- Roylan a Grayle, knight.
- Catnip, seer.
- Syfe, weazelle captain.
- Kerke, lieutenant.
- Munceny, lieutenant.
- Rengwell Silversea, otter knight.
- Sawyer, spottedneck otter siege engineer. Tough and burly.
- Runnel, sea otter siege engineer. Short, stout and obedient.
- Iek Oakwood, sea otter siege engineer.