- This page needs serious work but should be kept around to determine what is chaff and what is wheat.
- Main article: Anwronian Calendar
The style of date in Moonish nations and elsewhere (although somewhat outdated) is based on the Sleep of Anwron, called Folds of Anwron's Rest (abbreviated A.R., or simply called Anwronian Folds).
The current fold in Moonish lands is 5709 Anwronian.
- Main article: Manticenean Calendar
In Manticenê, current and former Manticenean territories, and some other Manticene-influenced cultures, the standard dating system is based on the Days of the Republic. Folds before Republican Folds were the Kingsfolds (sometimes further divided into folds for every King and Queen that ruled and styled as Rombolos' Fold, etc.), Magisterial Folds (shortened to Magisterial), Folds of the White Mantle (again with the Mantle's name, such as Sygno's Fold), and Imperial Folds (shortened to Imperial).
Per the Manticenean Calendar, the current date is the 253rd Fold of the Republic.
- Main article: Peridantean Calendar
The current date convention in the Commonlands is based around the defeat of their greatest foe, the First Empire: Age of the Empire (abbreviated A.E. or styled Peridantean) refers to folds that the Empire stood on Aianar since the first conquest in 3457 AR, and Fall of the Empire (abbreviated F.E. or Postperidantean) references its collapse in 3829 Anwronian, or 371 Peridantean.
The lands of the Kaiantoran Empire deny the First Empire truly died, claiming themselves to be its true realization. Because of this, they continue to refer to the current season as Peridantean, not Postperidantean.
The current fold in all Commonish lands outside Kaiantor is 1879 Postperidantean, while in Kaiantor the date is rendered 2250 Peridantean.
For the purposes of a cohesive timeline, the Commonish or Peridantean dating system will be used primarily, with regional notation below.
- 888 Anwronian
- Kingsfold 1
- ?/?: Rombolos the Corsair's sea-battered longship arrives at the Blue Roc's Isle off the coast of present-day Manticenê. They are pirates driven across the Peregrine Sea by a terrible doom. After slaying the Great Blue Roc, Rombolos decides that the isle is a good place to make a new start. Retroactively, this is viewed as the first fold of the Manticenean Calendar.
- ?/?: The first of the Peoples of the Moon arrive on the continent. This tribe are the Jantyzars, led by disgraced thief called Raexon the Jeweller. Naming himself telar, or high prince, he founds the petty Telaroin of Nembas Niin in present-day Brzanta. The local toad tribes are unenthusiastic, nor is their hideous god. Other tribes soon follow the Jantyzars' example.
The following season, Raexon dies, leaving a hopeful petty kingdom behind him.
Seeing the Ascks are great miners of the world, and are grown wealthy in gems and silver and gold from the deeps, Raexon's jealous grandson Maermo makes war against Asckon, and having maimed his former allies grievously, takes away all the treasures of Asckon to Nembas Niin.
With his stolen goods, Maermo the Rich stakes the city of Caxê Maermo as his new capital, having taken 13 seasons to construct it, and seeing his wealth and opulence and power, the other petty rovanates submit to him as their telar. Brzanta is formed.
One petty prince who would not submit, Talas, takes his people on an exodus into the mountains, and is never seen again.
In their hubris, the Brzanta think themselves masters of the world. Rejoicing in their victory and the last stone of Maermo's palace being laid, they do not expect the demons of the mountains to be awakened.
The city is burned and sacked by the demons and their armies. Brzanta is laid waste.
After a fifty fourfolds and more spent clawing out an existence on Aianar, the Circlet sends a savior to the Brzants, a Star-crowned Prince to lead their greatest warriors against their tormentors, the lizards, serpents, and toads of Hirrhion who number in the tens of thousands.
The sacred God-Prince, leading his Order of the Circlet, begins his Weeping Crusade against the Evils of the Mountains.
Hirrhion and his ilk are destroyed, vanquished and banished to the Sea forever. Without their god, the greenkin are dispersed with ease. The Princes of the Circlet and their peoples settle the conquered lands, forming Elä Arylie and Aldarin, Raparin, and Temerin. The sons of Talas are found to be alive and well on the other side of the mountains, in their rovanate of Talassar.
- 1240 Anwronian
- Kingsfold 352
- ?/?: The various tribes of Moonish foxes are allied, and Great Arylia united, covering nearly the entire northern continent of Aianar, save for the bird and wild kingdoms in the north and the "strange lands" to the far south. In time, there will be few places their deeds and works are not known. The Star-crowned Prince is offered the crown, and he is crowned their telar, or King.
- 1241 Anwronian
- 1/1: Following Winter's last day of 1240, the Star-crowned Prince disappears from Brzanta.
- ?/?: The Princes of the South quarrel with the Princes of the North, and Rhos is founded, splitting the empire into two empires, although they remain allies.
- 1918 Anwronian
- Kingsfold 1030
- 30/6: Corsairs of Manticenê stake their claim to the Hundredfold Isles, their first overseas territory having been Naio.
- 2121 Anwronian
- 4/3: First recorded crossing into Rhytic territory of a significant number of foreigners, the Zussa from Terrosa. The harried Zussa, who are not truly invaders but refugees, are easily crushed and pushed into the Fires.
- 2192 Anwronian
- ?/?:The Locks arrive on the Summerly Isle, making peace with the local otter, toade, salamander, mouse, and vole tribes.
- 2197 Anwronian
- ?/?: Arylia and Rhos go to war. The War of Gods' Tears is costly, weakening the two considerably. Manticenê is initially an ally of Rhos.
- 2199 Anwronian
- Kingsfold 1411
- ?/?: The Magisters, a clever array of magicians and thinkers, seize control of Manticenê, and put out the eyes of the King himself. Shrewdly, they simply pull back Manticean support and watch Rhos die.
Rhos destroyed by the Zussa, who have allied the desert clans and ousted the Rocs and their bird kingdom, but are unable to hold the newly subjugated territory, falling to the Sunnish and Wyndish who in exchange for their aid demand the fealties of the surviving Rhos princes.
- 2200 Anwronian
- 1 Magisterial
- ?/?: Arylia harrowed and splintered after 930 folds by Zussa invaders, led by Ualzat Uqua as well as Manticenê. Some Aryli continue to fight the invaders, but are unsuccessful and retreat deeper into the mountains. Manticenê seizes the provinces of Talassar and Maecea.
- 14/7: The Crown of Summering founded, with a continental capital in Lockelin, also newly founded by the Sunnish conquerors of Rhos. Their Wyndish allies found the Kingdom of the Wyndish the same day, with a capital in Arragall. Many areas become lawless and lordless.
- 2212 Anwronian
- 3/12: Talassar, a surviving province of Arylia, is the first of the remnants to appoint a Rove after ousting the Manticene governor.
- 2308 Anwronian
- 108 Magisterial
- 5/2: The Magisters of the Manti conquer Razsj, a long time trade partner. Many of the Hundredfold Isles are completely bound to Manticenê.
- 2648 Anwronian
- ?/?: A fleet of ships, blown off far off their original course, land on the shores of Aianar. They are led by a family of dormice, claiming to have the ancient royal blood of the "Ellestrians". The creatures settle in the lands to the east of the Rodlands.
- 2659 Anwronian
- 459 Magisterial
- 1/1: Tiêtera prophesies the fall of the Magisters of Manticenê. She is cast out of the Magisterium.
- 2662 Anwronian
- 462 Magisterial
and the Magisterium of the Manti is closed to the public.
- 2663 Anwronian
- 463 Magisterial
- ?/?: The Bloody Schism is instigated by Isolos and his followers. Paspar is slain along with five of the other nine Magisters, the eleventh and final Magister being Isolos himself. The reaction of the public is fierce, and while Tiêtera is released from prison, Isolos is forced to flee by ship to Naio. The Folds of the White Mantles begin.
- 2664 Anwronian
- Mantlefold 1
- ?/8: Tiêtera the Oracle sets sail in search of truth, leaving only vague information with her best friend and compatriot, Sygno, as to where she is bound. According to common consensus, she will die on this voyage, as the oracles all die because of their connection to the divine.
- 2957 Anwronian
- Mantlefold 293
- ?/?: The Emperor of Manticenê, Mesmerene VIII, returns from the Exclaves to lay siege to Manticenê, under the control of the White Mantles for almost three centuries.
The Manticenean War begins.
- 2958 Anwronian
- Mantlefold 294
- 83 Summer: Mesmerene VIII besieges mainland Manticenê and the city of Demmons, now a part of Maecea.
- 5 Autumn: Demmons falls to Mesmerene's Manticenean Empire.
- 2959 Anwronian
- 1 Imperial
- ?/?: Mesmerene VIII conquers Ocêa and slays the White Mantle. The garment itself goes missing, and Tiêtera's final prophecy comes true.
- 3021 Anwronian
- 62 Imperial
- ?/?: The last Manticene Emperor of the Mesmerene dynasty dies, leaving the Empire to his friend Boleda the Westerren. She reigns as Nenticene I, first of the Nenticene dynasty.
- 3152 Anwronian
- 193 Imperial
- ?/?: The Sevenfold Plague hits the Wyen Isles.
- 3457 Anwronian
- 498 Imperial
- 10/8: The first broadships of the Peridanteans land on Arragall as conquerors, declaring the Age of their Empire to have finally begun.
- 24/10: In order to avoid total domination, the Merles of Arragall submit to Peridante, allowing her to travel through their country and through the Green Mountains into the Grey.
- 25/12: The Poruugans conquer the region known as the Grey, not yet its own Kingdom, nor a country of its own at all. They use it as a staging ground for their invasion of the Commonlands. The Kingdom of the Wyndish ceases to be.
- 3460 Anwronian
- 501 Imperial
- ?/?: Maigh the Champion, a wandering mink warrior, comes to the Isle of Embertree, south of the Rod. There the famous events of the story of the Black Beast of the Blazing Isles unfolds, with Maigh crowned King of Embertree, and the foundation of the House of Maigher.
- 3474 Anwronian
- 2/1: Ossa is invaded by the Poruugan Empire.
- 3/4: Ossa capitulates to the invading Poruugans.
- 28/5: The Peridantean armies enter Hasaeln.
- 29/5: Another Peridantean army almost simultaneously enters Gannivere.
- 3477 Anwronian
- 20/2: The King-under-Tree, Martin Wildery, is slain in battle.
- 5/4: After protracted war, the Peridantean Empire captures their last Commonish nation capital, Kingstree, though Wilderwood Castle, the hall of the destroyed Wilderys, remains free and rebellious.
- 13/4: The Peridantean Empire besieges Wilderwood Castle.
- 6/7: In the summer heat, the castle of Wilderwood finally falls to the Empire, and is utterly sacked and destroyed by the furious besiegers.
- 3478 Anwronian
- 16/6: The Peridantean army's attempted invasion of Lockelin fails, leaving Lockelin and Crownswood the only free kingdoms in the region.
- 3484 Anwronian
- 30/7: The knight Benn of Wilderwood, the castellan of the selfsame fallen House Wildery stronghold, is crowned King-under-Tree, and though he has already been fighting a guerilla war for seasons officially declares vengeance for the murdered King Martin to the gathered banners. The War of Freedom officially begins. The undertaking does not see completion in Benn's lifetime.
- 3499 Anwronian
- 1/1: The Peridantean Imperial scrivener Wengold begins writing of the Emperors and Imperial scene in his now-famous Chronicle.
- 3505 Anwronian
- ?/?: After the fall of Hasaeln, the Peridanteans ferried north and now finally subjugate Essowar with a Zantese alliance, unaware of the paramilitary growth in Lockelin, which pays them tribute.
- 3506 Anwronian
- ?/?: While the Peridanteans were focused on conquering Sartaszya, the rebellion in the south comes to a head. Within the folds, Crownswood and Riveril are freed.
- 20/8: Rather than fight two wars, the rest of the Empire tightens its grip and negotiates a quick peace with the free nations. For three hundredfolds, the Great Gates on the Spicefare are shut, allowing only trade from the far east.
- 3507 Anwronian
- 3550 Anwronian
- ?/?: Hasaeln, which was never properly conquered, becomes too dangerous for safe travel north. Imperial armies withdraw with massive bands of looters and guerrillas roaming the land.
- 3829 Anwronian
- ?/?: Haunted by a series of failed wars, the Empire in the south slowly falls toward disarray. With Hasaeln's independence, the direct passage from the south to the north was cut off, damaging its solidarity. When the Merefolk and Locks invade, the citizenry of the Empire revolt, and the Emperor himself flees by ship to the northern empire in Kaiantor, where he reforms the Peridantean Empire into the Second Empire. The Kaiantorans to this day consider the Peridantean Empire to be the First Kaiantoran Empire.
- Also called the Golden Epoch.
- 3830 Anwronian
- 3833 Anwronian
- 12/12: The last neo-Peridantean holdout in the Commonlands, the Tower of the Clouds in Nyfitsa, surrenders, officially marking the end of the Commonish Reconquest. The Empire lives on in the north and Nyfitsa retains many Poruugan cultural influences, however.
- 3834 Anwronian
- Founding of the noble Ganniverian ferret House of the House of Ferling by Roena the Rover, Ganniverian rebel hero.
- 3850 Anwronian
- Moryne Ryhart, a Giorran male stoate and future knight, is born.
- 3861 Anwronian
- Moryne Ryhart slays the wolf White Eye, the so-called "Bane of Emndrara."
- 3862 Anwronian
- Moryne Ryhart and his friend and companion, the pale weazel Umbert, slay the kestrel Kryrr, the so-called "Terror of Erenlona".
- 3875 Anwronian
- Moryne Ryhart, the pale weazel Umbert, the stoate Lubena Mateir, and Wynds Telyn and Kerrish, slay the boars Ruvo and Karchem in Arragall.
- 3877 Anwronian
- 45th of Spring: Moryne Ryhart, the pale weazel Umbert, the stoate Lubena Mateir, and a band of Lehen locals slay the spider Ambraloch and destroy her cult at Lake Lehen in Giorra.
- 51st of Spring: The Clawstern slave galley stalks the Wintering Sea, captained by Galdrim the Red Mace.
- 3880 Anwronian
- 60th of Spring: Moryne Ryhart and a host of others, consisting of Umbert, Lubena Mateir, Strinta the weazel, Vornilo the ratte and an iguana called Rarnu the Shark, do battle with the sea serpent Gwendelwey. Moryne, Umbert and Vornilo perish, as does their quarry, Gwendelwey.
- 10th of Summer: The Clawstern slave galley enters the Mirror Sea, targeting island communities and other ships.
- 4333 Anwronian
- ?/?: Tarmian Maigher, King of the Isles, loses his crown to the Sunnish King in a game of Odd Noddy. There will not be another King of the Isles until the raising of Armyn Maigher's banner in AR 5709.
- 4334 Anwronian
- 9th of Secondfold: Jemua, the ratte who will go on to be known as "Sharp Jem" in life and "Jemma Redcoin" after her death, is born in Riveril to the fisherbeasts Loughan and Baiwen.
- 4338 Anwronian
- 10th of Thirdfold: Sharp Jem assassinates Lady Virrain Fendin in retaliation for the execution of farmers Orimeus and Ilfan, itself a retaliation for Sharp Jem's robbery and near-killing of Virrain's son, Maurich Fendin.
- 4340 Anwronian
- 10th day of Lastfold: After a series of highway robberies, Sharp Jem is captured by the Locks.
- 4342 Anwronian
- 19th day of Firstfold: Itga, a surviving member of Sharp Jem's band, returns to Riveril, claiming Sharp Jem and her gang were bold and honest Riverling mercenaries unjustly murdered by Locks for speaking out against hedgehog rule.
- 4534 Anwronian
- 4854 Anwronian
- ?/?: The King of Summerly establishes the House of Rudd and the House of Ladd as defenders of Sounding.
- 4861 Anwronian
- 7th day of Winter: The Skinkblade is forged.
- 4958 Anwronian
- 1999 Imperial
- ?/?: The last of the Nenticene dynasty is personally slaughtered by Kerekon I in the Magisterium of the Manti. After an uninterrupted 1,937 folds of Nenticenes, the Kerekonid dynasty begins to reign over Manticenê and the Empire.
- 5001 Anwronian
- A volcanic eruption on the continent Beyond-the-Sea occurs, prompting a mass exodus of the Tabany from their native island to Aianar.
- 5215 Anwronian
- 2256 Imperial
- Autumn: The Old Imperial War begins between the Manticenean Empire and the Old Poruugan Empire, mainly over islands in the Celestine Sea. Poruugan raiders begin sacking coastal Mesmeros.
- 5218 Anwronian
- 2259 Imperial
- 44. Summer: Battle of the Twelve Isles. The Manticenean pirate Emperor, Kerekon III, is slain, and the Poruugans take the Twelve Isles.
- 5237 Anwronian
- 2272 Imperial
- Skalivand the Witch Queen and her horde stalk Wintering.
- 17th day: Founding of the Giltree Marauders by the fisher Pangmor and his companions. Pangmor is named "Captain", their leader.
- 20th day: Ambush at Wellgrew Gulch, Captain Pangmor wounded and many Giltree Marauders slain.
- 28th day: The plunder of the Giltree Marauders is buried, and Captain Pangmor dies. A map to the treasure is divided amongst surviving Giltree Marauders, who scatter with plans to reunite in three days.
- 30th day: Several Giltree Marauders are captured, including Adlar, their new leader. Their map pieces, along with the location of the treasure, are lost, and the reunion never occurs.
- 5388 Anwronian
- 2429 Imperial
- 5th day: Three Ganniverian travelers, Kalt the weazel, Skurlas the ferret, and Glaerwyn the mink, began searching for the map pieces to the treasure of the Giltree Marauders- the so-called "Lost Treasure of Captain Pangmor."
- 5456 Anwronian
- 2497 Imperial
- 0 Tirian
- The last Manticenean Emperor, Kerekon V, dies. In accordance with the wishes of the people, and many of the exclaves, his daughter Anaîs signs the Tirian Charter into effect, freeing the client states from Imperial control and dissolving the Empire itself. In its stead, the Sovarene Republic is declared. The Manticenean Calendar is updated to reflect this change, replacing the folds Imperial with the Tirian Folds.
- 5555 Anwronian
- 99 Tirian
- 7/12: Birth of Silkan I of the Second Kaiantoran Empire to Empress Sligwinn IV and Lord Mariano Falbano.
- 5575 Anwronian
- 119 Tirian
- 4/12: Passing away of Empress Sligwinn IV the Great of the Fourth Kaiantoran Empire in her sleep.
- 5/12: Crowning of Sligkan I of the Fourth Kaiantoran Empire at age 20, one day later.
- 5576 Anwronian
- 17/11: Birth of Silkan II of the Fourth Kaiantoran Empire to Empress Silkan I and Lord Valsepire Casillion.
- 5600 Anwronian
- 144 Tirian
- 14/1: Greycrown City Massacre occurs. Deaths of Empress Silkan I and Lord Valsepire Casillion.
- 9/1: Retaking of Graycrown by Kaiantoran army under the command of Heir Sligkan II.
- 12/4: Crowning of Empress Sligkan II of the Fourth Kaiantoran Empire at age 24 following battle to the death with surviving siblings.
- 5633 Anwronian
- 177 Tirian
- 5634 Anwronian
- 178 Tirian
- 12/4: Birth of Slygvorn of the Fourth Kaiantoran Empire to Empress Silkan II (at age 59) and Lord Almirre Cosabar (aged 24)
- 5638 Anwronian
- 182 Tirian
- 14 Spring: Battle of Whitebarrow, Giorra rebel army victorious, Kaiantor army defeated.
- 20 Spring: Battle of Fastriver, remainder of Kaiantor forces defeated.
- 31 Spring: Giorra declares independence.
- 47 Spring: Kaiantor-installed Governor Aseltop of Freeland captured and executed, Giorran Magistrate reformed for first time in two hundred fourfolds.
- ? Winter: Armyn Maigher born to Lord Syle Maigher of Embertree.
- 5650 Anwronian
- 194 Tirian
- 15/9: Erron and Riisarh of the Rahvrin of Raparin surrender the throne to Ficaun for a few more adventures at sea, on Ficaun's 22nd birthday.
- 5657 Anwronian
- 201 Tirian
- 29/1: Death of Silkan II of the Second Kaiantoran Empire to sickness at age 82.
- 30/1: Crowning of Slygvorn of the Second Kaiantoran Empire, one day later at age 23 following battle to the death with siblings.
- 5658 Anwronian
- 202 Tirian
- 12/4: Birth of Bennan VI Torrenon, the future Riverking.
- 28/12: Failed Cosabar Coup occurs, in which Lord Almirre Cosabar, father of Emperor Slygvorn of the Second Kaiantoran Empire, attempted to assassinate his son and seize the throne. Almirre Cosabar and all those with him died in the ensuing fight.
- 5663 Anwronian
- 207 Tirian
- 19 Autumn: Leaving his only son, Rilltan, in the care of Ter Bertha Merramy, King Rybark Rorke sets sail for the mysterious land Beyond-the-Sea.
- 5670 Anwronian
- 214 Tirian
- 7th day: Birth of Fember of the Rahvrin of Raparin to Rahva Loni and Rahv Ficaun.
- 25th day: Birth of Altaine II and Ferlaine a Tair to King Altaine the Black of Summerly.
- 2213 Peridantean
- 5672 Anwronian
- 216 Tirian'
- 5674 Anwronian
- 218 Tirian
- 2213 Peridantean
- 5680 Anwronian
- 224 Tirian
- 8th day: Death of Slygvorn in battle.
- 21st day: Fall of Ceresca.
- 38th day: Formation of the Threecrowns Interregnum.
Return of the Empire
- 5688 Anwronian (Moonish)
- 2229 Peridantean (Kaiantor)
- 1858 Postperidantean (Commonish)
- 232 Tirian (Manticenean)
- 1,879th Post-Peridantean Fold, 253rd Fold of the Tirian Charter, the 5,709th Fold of Anwron's Rest
- CURRENT DATE
- Fall of the Threecrowns Interregnum. Sligvere ascends the Imperial Throne, declaring the rise of the Third Empire.
- 5711 Anwronian
- 1929 Postperidantean
- 5767 Anwronian
- Beginning of mass immigration of Mistel and other races from Aianar to Muln and Muln-adjacent islands, following the Kaiantoran Reconquest.
- 1988 Postperidantean
- 5820 Anwronian
- 1990 Postperidantean
- 5828 Anwronian:
- 1992 Postperidantean
- 5830 Anwronian
- Redclaw the Warlord and the Alliance of Thieves sets their eyes on Reona Castle in Muln's Southwest Lands.
- 1996 Postperidantean
- 5828 Anwronian
- Fizalra the Hook is suspected of treachery by the Guild of the Rusted Claw. She flees to the Isle of the Black Castle, pursued by captains Shank, Branna Deadrigg, Asptail, Sharkgor, Ripplin, and later, Raggs Scarhide.
- 2011 Postperidantean
- 5843 Anwronian
- 2026 Postperidantean
- 5861 Anwronian